Monday 17 June 2019

Marae Visit

Beach Visit At The Marae


On Tuesday Ruma Tahi and Ruma Waru went to the Arahura Marae.


We were walking down to the beach in our sneakers. It was a 5 minute
walk to the beach. When we got to the beach we had a sculpture competition.
I got in a group with, Daniel, Phoebe, Korban and Summer.


We made a waka out of wood and stone. I found a log that was stuck in the
ground so I called Korban and Daniel over to help. We were all like grrrrr to
get it out. When we got it out we celebrated.


I then added that stick to the front of the boat. Korban found another stick and
we had the whole group trying to get it out. When we got it out we celebrated
again. We stuck little sticks around the sides of the waka to be the walls.
We used huge sticks as the floor. We didn’t finish (sadly).

We then walked back up to the Marae. On the way I picked up my argillite
rock that I found at the river. That was my trip to the beach OVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.